During the 2-year programme, students will learn the core knowledge and skills that are needed for entry to a range of catering occupations. The T Level in catering start date is yet to be confirmed.
Level 3 qualification
Includes 9 weeks minimum working with an employer on an industry placement
What you can do with this T Level
This course is suitable for anyone wanting a career in the catering sector. Career options might include:
What you’ll learn on this course
Students will develop an understanding of a broad range of issues relevant to the sector, including:
- Culinary quality
- Kitchen operations
- Health, safety and security
- Nutritional analysis
- Food safety practices and procedures
- Team working
- Business, including risk assessment, waste management principles and supply chain management
In addition to the core content, each student will also complete one module of Professional Cookery. Students are expected to develop understanding and advanced skills to work with the following different food groups:
- meat, poultry and game, including associated products
- fish and shellfish dishes and products
- vegetables, vegan and vegetarian dishes, including vegetarian protein sources and specific dietary considerations and needs
- dough and batter products, including fermented dough and batter products
- paste and patisserie products
- hot, cold and frozen desserts
- biscuits, cakes and sponges
What you'll need before you start
T Levels are one of your options after you’ve finished GCSEs.
Entry requirements for each course are set by the individual school or college.
Check with your local T Level school or college to find out the entry requirements for the Catering T Level.