Education and Early Years
During the 2-year programme, students will learn the core knowledge and skills that are needed for entry to a range of education and early years occupations.
Level 3 qualification
Includes 9 weeks minimum working with an employer on an industry placement
(21 weeks if you take the Early Years Educator specialism)
What you can do with this T Level
This course is suitable for anyone wanting a career in early years education, childcare or assisting teaching. Students can progress into roles such as:
Students can also use this T Level to do a related higher-level apprenticeship or degree course.
What you’ll learn on this course
All students will develop an understanding of:
- understanding the Education and Early Years sector from ages 0 to 19
- child development
- how to support children and young people’s education
- safeguarding, health and safety and wellbeing
- understanding and managing behaviour
- observing and assessing children and young people
- equality and diversity
- special educational needs and disability
- English as an additional language
- working with parents, carers and wider families
- working with agencies and services that support children, families and carers
- reflective practice and other forms of professional development
In addition to the core content, each student must choose one of the following specialisms:
- early years educator
- assisting teaching
What you'll need before you start
T Levels are one of your options after you’ve finished GCSEs.
Entry requirements for each course are set by the individual school or college.
Check with your local T Level school or college to find out the entry requirements for the Education and Early Years T Level.