During the 2-year programme, students will develop the core knowledge and skills that are needed for entry to a range of finance occupations.
Level 3 qualification
Includes 9 weeks minimum working with an employer on an industry placement
What you can do with this T Level
This course is suitable for anyone wanting a career in finance. Career options might include:
Speak to your careers adviser to find out more.
Students can also use this T Level to progress to a related higher-level apprenticeship or course of study at a higher level.
What you’ll learn on this course
Students will develop an understanding of a broad range of issues relevant to the sector, including:
- the business environment – a general understanding of business models, tax laws, fundamental business principles and drivers for change
- fundamentals of financial accounting – an understanding of elementary financial principles, concepts and practices and how this content links to relevant accounting, bookkeeping, and business mathematics requirements
- professionalism and ethics - an understanding of professional conduct and responsibilities in the workplace and ethical dilemmas for the individual, organisation and professional
- data driven innovation and analytics and design thinking – an awareness of key requirements of a data governance framework and understand the main contemporary visualisation tools and when they are best used to support decision making
In addition to the core content, each student will also complete at least one module of occupation-specific content.
The specialisms available in the T Level in Finance are:
- retail and commercial banking analyst
- investment banking and asset and wealth management analyst
- insurance practitioner
- financial compliance/risk analyst
What you'll need before you start
T Levels are one of your options after you’ve finished GCSEs.
Entry requirements for each course are set by the individual school or college.
Check with your local T Level school or college to find out the entry requirements for the Finance T Level.