During the 2-year programme, students will develop the core knowledge and skills that are needed for entry to a range of health occupations.
Level 3 qualification
Includes 9 weeks minimum working with an employer on an industry placement
What you can do with this T Level
This course is suitable for anyone wanting a career in health and healthcare. Students can progress into roles such as:
Speak to your careers adviser to find out more.
Students can also use this T Level to progress to a related higher-level apprenticeship or course of study at a higher level.
What you’ll learn on this course
All students will develop a general understanding of health and science:
- working within the health and science sector
- health, safety and environmental regulations
- managing information and data
- principles of good scientific and clinical practice
- core science concepts including the structure of cells, tissues and large molecules, genetics, microbiology and immunology
They will also learn about topics specific to health, including:
- understanding the healthcare sector
- providing person-centred care
- supporting health and wellbeing
- further knowledge of both human anatomy and physiology and of diseases and disorders
- infection prevention and control
In addition to the core content, each student must choose one of the following specialisms:
- supporting the adult nursing team
- supporting the midwifery team
- supporting the mental health team
- supporting the care of children and young people
- supporting the therapy teams
- (from September 2022) dental nursing
What you'll need before you start
T Levels are one of your options after you’ve finished GCSEs.
Entry requirements for each course are set by the individual school or college.
Check with your local T Level school or college to find out the entry requirements for the Health T Level.