Maintenance, Installation and Repair for Engineering and Manufacturing
During the 2-year programme, students will develop the core knowledge and skills that are needed for entry to a range of maintenance, installation and repair occupations.
Level 3 qualification
Includes 9 weeks minimum working with an employer on an industry placement
What you can do with this T Level
This course is suitable for anyone interested in a career in maintenance, installation and repair for engineering and manufacturing. Career options could include:
Speak to your careers adviser to find out more.
Students can also use this T Level to progress to a related higher-level apprenticeship or course of study at a higher level.
What you’ll learn on this course
Students will develop an understanding of a broad range of issues relevant to the sector, including:
- working within the Engineering and Manufacturing Sectors – an understanding of how materials, conditions and context influence design processes and products
- essential mathematics for engineering and manufacturing – a knowledge and understanding of mathematics including standard matrices and determinants and standard trigonometry
- materials and their properties – understanding material processing techniques and their effects on materials and material quality, the condition of materials, how these are managed, and materials testing methods and techniques
- business, commercial and financial awareness - basic commercial principles including commercial priorities and markets, customers/clients/partners and resource allocation
In addition to the core content, each student will also complete at least one module of occupation-specific content.
The specialisms available in the T Level in Maintenance, installation and repair for engineering and manufacturing are:
- maintenance engineering technologies: mechanical
- maintenance engineering technologies: mechatronic
- maintenance engineering technologies: electrical & electronic
- maintenance engineering technologies: control & instrumentation
- maintenance, installation, and repair: light and electric vehicles
What you'll need before you start
T Levels are one of your options after you’ve finished GCSEs.
Entry requirements for each course are set by the individual school or college.
Check with your local T Level school or college to find out the entry requirements for the Maintenance, Installation and Repair for Engineering and Manufacturing T Level.