During the 2-year programme, students will develop the core knowledge and skills that are needed for entry to a range of science occupations.
Level 3 qualification
Includes 9 weeks minimum working with an employer on an industry placement
What you can do with this T Level
This course is suitable for anyone interested in a career in science. Students can progress into roles such as:
Students can also use this T Level to progress to a related higher-level apprenticeship or course of study at a higher level.
What you’ll learn on this course
All students will develop a general understanding of health and science:
- working within the health and science sector
- health, safety and environmental regulations
- managing information and data
- principles of good scientific and clinical practice
- core science concepts including the structure of cells, tissues and large molecules, genetics, microbiology and immunology
They will also learn about topics specific to science:
- understanding the science sector
- further science knowledge, including cell cycle and cellular respiration, enzyme and protein structure, pathogens, classification of biological materials, kinetic changes and relevant analytical techniques
- scientific methodology
- experimental equipment and techniques
- ethics of science
In addition to the core content, each student must choose one of the following specialisms in technical science:
- laboratory sciences
- food sciences
- metrology sciences
What you'll need before you start
T Levels are one of your options after you’ve finished GCSEs.
Entry requirements for each course are set by the individual school or college.
Check with your local T Level school or college to find out the entry requirements for the Science T Level.